The Advanced Diploma of Ministry is a full-time program available at Banz, Port Moresby and Lae campuses. It combines a study of the text and theology of the Bible plus personal discipleship and ministry skills. The Advanced Diploma of Ministry provides a broad training of biblical and ministry competencies. Graduates from this program are expected to go into a variety of leadership positions in local churches and other Christian organisations or to take responsible roles within business or community, reflecting Christian values and integrity.
Following the PNG National Qualifications Framework, first year courses in the Advanced Diploma are taught at Level 5 and year two and three courses are taught at Level 6. All courses comply with national requirements for advanced diploma studies at this level. Students who have completed a Certificate in Bible and have a high level of English may be exempted the first year of the Advanced Diploma program.
1. Spiritual Formation: Three courses are provided on spiritual life and discipleship
supplemented by chapel services, cell group meetings and mentoring
2. Bible: The first year Bible course provides an overview of the Bible, its story line and main
themes. In the following years the skill of interpreting the Bible is developed and applied
to key books of the Bible.
3. Theology: Courses on various areas of theology are included to provide a clear presentation of Christian doctrine and church history.
4. Ministry: Courses on Christian ministries include principles and skills of ministry and
supervised practical assignments. Students are also part of teams that have some weekend
ministry each month.
5. General studies: The first year includes courses in English, Study Methods, computing and
marriage and family.
6. 8-Week Practicum: The final term of the second year is devoted to a practicum where
students are assigned full-time to work in a local church.